Williams Advanced Engineering provides design and manufacturing solutions in high power and high energy density batteries for a range of market sectors. This expertise first began when the Williams F1 Team designed, manufactured and raced its own KERS (Kinetic Energy Recovery System) system for Grand Prix racing, including the Battery, Motor Generator Unit, Inverter and Battery Management System.
Our key competency is as a systems integrator to specify, design, develop and supply Kinetic Energy Recovery and Storage Systems for applications where high performance, endurance and predictability are key customer requirements.
Our expertise includes:
- Characterising battery cells and understanding how to achieve maximin performance from them.
- Designing battery packs to meet international safety and endurance regulations.
- Designing Battery Management Systems, Vehicle Management Systems, Inverters, Converters and High Voltage distribution products for systems up to 800vDC.
- Development and test capabilities to support the validation of our customers requirements.
- Field based validation
Hybrid Propulsion Systems
Williams Advanced Engineering has the capbility to design hybrid propulsion systems for road and off road traction systems and KERS applications for industrial vehicles.
Energy Storage Systems
Williams Advanced Engineering has the capability to to design actuator systems to replace hydraulic systems, and power sources to provide energy to operate off grid equipment.
- Automotive OEMs, particularly high performance on road or off road vehicle manufacturers
- Truck & Commercial Vehicle OEMs
- Bike / Scooter OEMs
- Public Transport – Trains, Trams and Buses